Re: Cygwin build

>Two things. 1) If I run autoconf, the configure file stops detecting
>cygwin. Is the configure.in in sync with the configure script?

I have no idea. It's a safe bet that things have changed since configure.in
was last updated (two years ago).

>2) I've managed to compile and execute a cygwin version using tcl8.4.1 in
>debug mode, The initial screen and New Game Selection shows up with no
>problems, but thungs gi downhill from there.  On the next screen, I get an
>application error and no checkboxes.  The application error is:
>
>ambiguous option "-pad": must be -column, -columnspan, -in, -ipadx,
>-ipady, -padx, -pady, -row, -rowspan, or -sticky
>ambiguous option "-pad": must be -column, -columnspan, -in, -ipadx,
>-ipady, -padx, -pady, -row, -rowspan, or -sticky
>    while executing
>"grid .newgame.top.checks.v$col1 .newgame.top.checks.v$col2  -sticky w
>-pad 10"

This must be a change in tcl.8.4.1. The -pad option works fine in tcl8.3.4,
which is the currently supported tcl version for xconq. As I can see it you
have two options:

1. Downgrade to tcl8.3.4 (or 8.3.5).
2. Try to hack tkconq.tcl so that it works with tcl8.4.1.

The easy path is of course to downgrade, but if you want to give 8.4.1 a
try, please go ahaed. We need to update tkconq.tcl for tcl8.4 compatibility
sooner or later. I bet there are other problems lurking in there, though.

Hans

P.S. The fact that you were able to build xconq for cygwin, and also launch
the app is good news in itself. Perhaps you could provide som details on
how you did it? Did you have to move any of the files after building the
app, and in that case where?