Re: Using treasuries

>I meant that firing works correctly, but moving the ammo from the
>satellites to the firing units doesn't.  I can manually load the
>appropriate ammunition onto the controllers and fire at enemies until
>the ammunition runs out, but I want the ammo to be resupplied from the
>treasury once every turn.  As a reault, these units should never run out
>of ammo unless there are too few satellites or the satellites are
>captured.
>
>I have observed that the treasury works in ancient.g so that if the
>treasury contains enough of the appropriate material, any unit that can
>build other units can take that material and use it to build something.
>This is, of course, quite different from using treasuries to move
>ammunition, but it seems to me like it *should* be possible.

OK, I took a look at the code and the answer is simple: there is no support
in the kernel for using ammo from the treasury. Compare check_build_action
which borrows material from the treasury to check_fire_at_action and
check_attack_action which do not.

The treasury is something I added back in 1999 for use with advanced units,
which usually only do building. It was never fully supported in the other
unit action code.

I'll put this on my to-do list for desired new features.

Hans

Hans Ronne

hronne@pp.sbbs.se