Re: Error handling

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 15:29, Hans Ronne wrote:
> If you are running a game for several hundred turns you will run into
> another problem. The unit id is a short int, so you cannot have more than
> 32767 units in a game, ever. Furthermore, the number is cumulative, so
> saving and restoring the game does not help. In fact, nothing helps, except
> rewriting the kernel :-(.

That may be it.  I've noticed that in this game, the AI has a weird
problem where, when it wants to colonize (which it often tries to do, to
the exclusion of all else), it will build engineers, but the engineers
usually get confused and sit around with a "passive" plan.  During
testing, it has not been unusual for me to capture a base that was under
AI control and find that it contained a dozen or more idle engineers.

Now I wonder why I didn't report this AI bug earlier.

--
Lincoln Peters <peters2000@mindspring.com>