Re: Static Occupant Bonuses to Attack

I think the static bonuses stems from a more RPG style
of wargaming, and so it suits a smaller scale.  In the
case of the game I'm working on, we'll use it to
simulate the effect of various equipment on troops,
some of which would give a static bonus and some a
strength multiplier.

The second effect, determining a unit's attributes as
the sum of its occupants' attributes, is an attempt to
model customized armies, wherein the player decides
what divisions make up the army.  This would allow a
player some flexibility in designing their army (Say
they want it fully mechanized, or mobilized, or with
integral air support).  The designer would only need
to create the constituent units and then the player
has a variety of combinations to try out.

As far as I can tell, these can't quite be implemented
within Xconq as it is.  Is it possible for me to
define my own tables within GDL or does this need to
be done within the code?