Occupant Protection

I've rewritten CIL to use combat model 0:

http://castironlife.sourceforge.net/xcil-new.zip

And, though it seems to work mostly like it should,
I've found that when occupants protect against an
attack, they all seem to protect.  The result is that
a single division ends up attacking every division in
an opposing army.  I've got cell protection and
occupant protection set up, so maybe I'm overdoing it?
 Any ideas on how to rectify this?