Re: setting up standing orders question...

>cause actually its quite inefficient.... the trasnports run over half
>empty, the units have encumbrance problems at the embarquement, and have
>barely the time to get off the transports before the standing order
>there sends them back.... (i used only standing orders to move the
>    things around, only coping with their type...)
>
>and whilst they move the whole bunch of armors remains active and asks
>for tasks.... but i can't put them to sleep, otherwise they have no
>chance of getting off the trasnport once arrived....

The transport code is long due for an overhaul, quite apart from any
standing orders problems.

>BTW :D i got a hughe strategical advantage by using those standing
>orders :D not that i disliked it (i like winning... :D :D ) but is there
>something in the works to help manage them up under the tcl/tk interface
>(the others didn't read through that part of the manual, and were often
> too lazy to type the stuff in or look up city names or locations)?
>
>BTW is there somewher planned that there will be some optical layer
>showing the different standing orders?

I never spent much time on this code, but I think the interface support is
minimal, as you say. Certainly, things could be improved. There has not
been much interest in standing orders, but maybe that will change if using
them gives such a huge advantage.