Re: setting up standing orders question...

>On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 15:46, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
>> it is somehow done in advances or time games, but i don't really get it
>> on how it works... :D
>
>My understanding is that the code exists in advances.g, but was disabled
>since the game was already so complicated.  The mechanism in time.g is
>totally different; each type of city can build the next higher level of
>city, and vanishes once the new city is complete (as per
>hp-to-garrison).

I never completed the change-type stuff that you can find in the advances
game since there is no support yet for this action in the interfaces.

As for the time game, which I think is what Bruno was referring to, you are
right in that it is a completely different mechanism. In order to make this
work, there is also special code for the time game in the kernel. So you
could almost say that time.g is a different game from Xconq.