Re: Map drawing glitch in latest CVS snapshot

>On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Hans Ronne wrote:
>>
>> It's certainly not something I have ever seen under Linux. But we should
>> try to fix it anyhow. It would help a lot if you could check out a couple
>> of time snapshots and narrow down exactly when this bug first appeared.
>
>I unpacked the source RPM [0] I had of the previous version that was
>working without this glitch; it was checked out in September '02.  I
>thought it was more recent than that...
>
>Anyway, in doing some recursive diffs against the x11 and tcltk
>subdirectories, I quickly realized that it's going to take some time to
>wrap my head around this code.  There's a lot in there, and quite a few
>diffs in the last nine months. :-)

There is a much easier way. Use cvs -D date. Start with a date midway
between September 02 and now. Build xconq and check if the bug is there.
Then pick a second date between that date and one of the first two. And so
on. Typically, a handful of checkouts (less than one hour of work) can
pinpoint exactly when the bug first appeared.

This is something only you (or somebody else with Solaris) can do. Without
this information, there is little I can do. I made a large number of
changes in the tcltk interface in the last few months, and it is impossible
for me to tell which one of them causes problems under Solaris.