Re: Occupant Combat, Redux

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:59:03PM +0200, Hans Ronne wrote:
> This is how combat model 1 works. The attacker is pitted against one
> defender at a time, and has to defeat all of them in order to capture the
hmmm that's indeed not the ideal way either...

that's why the idea to separate surface weapons from point weapons would
add a new dimension to the bombers :D

are there allready separate hit chances when combatting inside a city?
in a city infantry should be somehow superior to armors, just an
example...
if not maybe that could be an idea?

the other thing is, that basicly all units fight as lone units, there
doesn't seem to be something like a combat group concept. (even the
    fleet concept is weird and doesn't work very well)

e.g. i wanted to test the russian setup with infantry piggy packing
armors: not feasible, the infantry is wiped out even when they are
supposed to hide behind the tanks....

the fire attractor that represent the armors isn't taken into account :D

other thing that wondered me:
i came over with mighty 12 armors and run into a cell with 1 armor, that
armor took me down 7 of mine...... and this too is a direct consequence
of the fact that all units fight alone

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org