Re: Availability of Xconq

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Hans Ronne wrote:

> RPMs for less experienced Linux users who don't want to build xconq
> themselves would be great.

I am willing to work on this next month, unless someone who has previous
experience with RPM spec files is willing to take care of this before then.

>As for the Mac and Windows versions, I doubt
> that we need installers. It's just a matter of unzipping (or unstuffing)
> the xconq directory and launching the app, which even computer novices
> should be able to do. The real problem (at least on Windows) is to install
> tcltk, but the installer from ActiveState should take care of that.

I haven't read ActiveState's license agreement, but if they permit
redistribution of their DLL's, couldn't we just make a little "install.bat"
file that would run regsvr32 to register their DLL's, which we would bundle
with Xconq? That way we would get rid of going to a third party to install
something before someone tries to use Xconq....

  Regards,