[OFFTOPIC] Re: xconq7, Receive SIX FREE VlAGRA tablets, limited timeoffer.

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> Are the idiots that send this kind of stuff to the list even
> subscribed?  I haven't seen anything like this on other mailing lists.

I certainly have. Unsubscribed individuals should be able to mail to a
list address and have that exploded to the distribution list in most cases.

If sources.redhat.com is not already using open relay databases and
real-time blackhole lists, then perhaps this is something to consider as a
spam-fighting tool (at the cost of possibly blocking legitimate
postings)....

Another thing that would be potentially helpful, if the cat wasn't already
out of the bag, would be to write addresses as:
  xconq7 at sources dot redhat dot com
instead of:
  xconq7@sources.redhat.com
to help prevent robots from harvesting addresses from the list archives and
other Web pages.