Re: Xconq and Windows XP

>I've just gotten headaches when I've try to run Xconq.  I've installed Tcl
>8.3.5.0 in both my C partition and in my Xconq directory(which are on my D:
>directory) but Xconq still doesn't work :-(

That's strange. The main problem with Tcl is that Tcl 8.4 is not compatible
with binaries made for earlier versions since the Tcl people changed some
function arguments. However, if you have 8.3.5.0 installed (and also
removed 8.4) you should have no problem running my latest xconq binaries.

OTOH, I am not aware that anybody has confirmed that Xconq runs under
WindowsXP. I can't see why it wouldn't, but I have not heard any positive
reports on XP. I am using Windows98 myself, and Stanley Sutton tested it on
Windows2000.

If anybody on this list has tested Xconq under WindowsXP, I would like to
know the result so that we can sort any problems that may exist.

The xconq sources have now been updated to work with both Tcl 8.3 and 8.4,
so this at least should not be a problem in the future.