New Xconq Windows Executable

Hello all,

  I have just finished building and briefly testing a fresh Xconq
executable for Windows. It was built and ran on Windows XP;
hopefully other versions of Windows will not have trouble.

  I have bundled the Cygwin DLL with Xconq. Hopefully this will
eliminate any need for people to install Cygwin. (*fingers
crossed*)
  I linked against Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 so that is probably what you will
want to have installed on your system. I cannot include the
tcl84 and tk84 DLL's with Xconq due to licensing constraints. You
can find the DLL's at:
(http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActiveTcl).
Run the installer program that you download. Install Tcl/Tk
anywhere. Then find tcl84.dll and tk84.dll and copy them into the
_same_ directory where xconq.exe is located. Then try running
xconq.exe.
  I will try eliminate the DLL copying step someday when I feel
more motivated and feel like mucking around in Windows-land again.

  If you have problems (after following the above instructions),
please let me know what version of Windows you are using, and
whether you have installed the AS Tcl/Tk package previously, and
if so, what version. Also please describe the symptoms (error
messages, etc...).

  The zip file, which includes xconq.exe, the latest games
library, etc..., is at:
http://eric_mcdonald.home.comcast.net/xconq/xconq20030827.zip

  Enjoy,
    Eric

P.S. By downloading the above zip file, you agree to be a beta
tester for the new Bellum Aeternum game. :)