Re: Cannot open CVS/Entries: No such file or directory (was : Re:xconq-cvs Mailing List)

On 3 Sep 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
> cvs [checkout aborted]: no repository
>
> And, yes, I'm using the exact same commands that are given on the
> website.

I was unable to reproduce the problem. I did an anonymous CVS
read-only checkout exactly as described on the Web site
(http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/cvs.html) and had no problems.

Did you copy and paste the lines, or did you retype them by hand?
Also did you use "anoncvs" (no typos) as the password for the
login?

Perhaps you just had a transient connectivity issue during
checkout....

  Thanks,