cvs compilation problems

Hi,
 I am trying to do a CVS checkout and build.

I am runing a debian stable distribution.
Two initial problems (that I dont require help on) were

- tclConfig.h in debian was installed in /usr/lib/tcl8.3/tclConfig.h,
   and the configure script was only looking in /usr/lib. The
   standard option --with-tclconfig addressed this.

- The header files tk.h, tcl.h, are installed in /usr/include/tcl8.3/*.h
  and I could see no easy option to get the compiler to look there, from
  configure, so I had to symbolically link from /usr/local/include

The final problem I The only target that the makefile
will attempt to create is "all-tcltk", and the "tcltk" directory
is the only directory that it enters and compiles.
>From inspection of the Makefile,
I could see no easy way to address this, or figure out what was wrong.