tk-xconq font sizes

Hello, developers of xconq.  After playing some of my old wargames again, I
thought I'd look into xconq.  Since the official release is so old, I thought
I'd try the CVS as well.  There was one "major" problem I had with the CVS
(both last month's and today's):

Since so many entity sizes are fixed-sized using pixel-sizes, why are the
fonts fixed-sized in point sizes?  On my 128dpi X display, the interface
looks horrible (text severely overruns the space allotted everywhere).
Changing all the fixed font sizes in tkconq.tcl to negative numbers of the
same magnitude (thus assuming a 72dpi display) makes everything return to
half-way normal.  The font sizes should probably either be user-adjustable
(where applicable, at least with map lablels perhaps) or be negative (i.e.,
pixel-sized, not point-sized), or the interface should change size in
relation to the fonts (you can't always expect someone's "helvetica" to be
the same as adobe's helvetica).  There are definitely places for each of the
three approaches.  Note that 7.4 suffers the same problem in some places, but
it's not as obvious for some reason (perhaps smaller default fonts).

Thomas J. Moore, Hacker/SysAdmin | TV & video games have destroyed my mind
inet: dark@mama.indstate.edu | unix ada asm c/c++ mcu ee amiga tired