Re: Compound Terrain Effects

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 07:46:44AM -0400, Jim Kingdon wrote:
> In the standard game, armor has to spend an extra movement point to
> cross a river [1].  I was working on one game (maybe log.g?) in which
> it was even harder for armor to cross rivers.
yep was aware of that, still the impact of rivers is quite low, and only
as impedement... (nothing that couldn't be solved by building 'bridges',
    or for forrests 'roads' = lines of bases that only are there to
    simulate a road or bridge...)

> Having units located in a border rather than in a cell is going to be
> a big hassle (in terms of how movement, combat, and everything else
> works), so I'd be reluctant to go down that road.
yep forgot that they are allways located at a border... would have been
easier indeed if the rivers were inside the cells....

oh BTW would be nice to make the reply either to the list or to me
privately ;) i don't have a filter that takes out doubles....

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org