Test Cases (was RE: Compound Terrain Effects)

Greetings Erik,

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Erik Jessen wrote:

> I created a whole set of test-cases, to illustrate things like
> - how road/rail reduces MP cost in woods, but not in clear
> - how to do slides
> - how to vary cost of entering a hex v. leaving
>
> This was mainly for my own education; they're certainly not games per
> se,
> But are only 10-20 hexes, 1-2 units.  I would think others would find
> them useful, but how should they be added to Xconq?

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Not only can they be
instructional to others, but can serve as test cases to make sure
features still work after changes to the Xconq kernel. I also
think that you have demonstrated that there are plenty of ways to
contribute to the Xconq project without actually writing C code.

I am not quite sure where to put them. I am tempted to suggest the
creation of another directory in the Xconq source tree, but I
already added 3 new dirs last weekend, so I am not going to say
anything....

If you want to send them as attachments to me by private email, I
will take a look at them.

  Thanks again,