Re: Test Cases (was RE: Compound Terrain Effects)

> Thanks for taking the time to do this. Not only can they be
> instructional to others . . .

Yeah.  Demonstrating each feature with a 10-20 hex, 1-2 unit example
is really good in a lot of ways.

> but can serve as test cases to make sure features still work after
> changes to the Xconq kernel.

This would be maximally useful if you can run "make check" and get a
pass/fail type result.  Right now there are only one or two tests that
work like that (see check-auto in test/Makefile.in and autotest in
kernel/skelconq.c and autotest.c).

But if that is too hard (as in, "the perfect is the enemy of the good"
or "let's check it in while we work on it" or whatever), then an
explanation of how to manually see whether the examples are working
right would be helpful.

> I am not quite sure where to put them.

There are a number of such things in the test directory.  Although
those go with the current tests (which are mostly semi-automated)
rather than primarily being aimed at human consumption.

So I'd probably say put them in test, although I could also see a new
directory examples or test/examples if there is no intention of
writing test code to use them.