Re: Help menu position

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 14:48, Hans Ronne wrote:
> You are right, but this is what I would call the middleage Netscape
> (version 4). The real old one (version 3) just truncated the menu. I guess
> it is possible to implement the middleage solution in xconq, but as you
> noted it is unwieldy. I would rather like to know how modern apps like
> Netscape 7 and Mozilla work around this bug without using "More" menus.

How about this:

The Help menu displays the following options:

* Map
* Commands
* Long commands
* Help system
* News
---separator---
* Instructions
* Game overview
* Scoring
* Modules
* Game setup
* World
---separator---
* Unit types ->
* Materials ->
* Terrain types ->
---separator---
* General concepts
* Copyright
* Warranty

The Unit types, Materials, and Terrain types are then displayed in their
own sub-menus (as shown above).

If the lists of unit types, materials, and/or terrain types do not fit
on the screen, they could be further broken down, perhaps
alphabetically.  If applied to 3rd-age.g, a "Unit types -> A-M" submenu
might list such things as Archers, Dragon, Dunedain, Dwarves, Eagles,
Easterlings, Elves, Ents, Haradrim, Hobbits, Knights, and Mumakil.

I'm not sure how Mozilla solved the problem, but I'm sure that they
didn't use this solution (I just pulled this one off the top of my
head).