Re: Forcing the player to resign in single player

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 20:25, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> Can resignation be turned off in a scenario?  I think it's rather goofy
> to be able to surrender to whomever you want, and I don't see why other
> players should get an instant capitulation advantage.  Why not just turn
> a resigned player's cities and units independent?

It should be possible to make a resigned player's cities and units
independent.  If you don't see such an option, it's probably a UI bug
(I'm sure that the code to do so is in there).

I'm sure of this because when I've played against multiple AIs, the AI's
usually resign before I wipe them out, and their units always become
independent (unless they have allies and the scorekeeper is set to "last
alliance wins", as in ww2-eur-42.g).