RE: your CVS and testing culture?

Andreas Bringedal wrote:
> Eric wrote:
> >
> > "Underappreciated"? Surely you meant "unappreciated".
>
> Unappreciated sounds so nakedly negative and confrontational.
> Underappreciated has a more ironic was of saying it isn't particulary
> unappreciated.   ....it's just my weak form of humour to try to soften
> criticism....

You know, unlike a lot of people, I'm not afraid to tell people that
something sucks.  There's a time for being nice and there's a time for
telling people what's not up to snuff.  Take, for instance, your Windows
build.  The only caveat I can think of is it may not suck "for you."  It
most certainly sucks for any mainstream Windows developer looking to get
involved in Xconq however.  Maybe you don't basically value getting more
developers on your project, but you're not going to get any Windows
developers by making a Windows build every once in awhile by
hook-or-crook.

It looks like if I joined your project, I'd be the only Windows
developer.  Am I wrong?

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.