From: xconq7-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:xconq7-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Brandon J. Van
Every
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 8:37 PM
To: xconq
Subject: Python in Xconq

From: Erik Jessen [mailto:ejessen@adelphia.net]

> I think having an interpreted language (v. the current Lisp-format
> datafile) would put Xconq way ahead of the competition (like ADC2 et
> al).

I agree.  Adding Python support is my next agenda item after Windows UI.
I do not believe in Perl.  It's ok for scripting, but it is a wholly
inappropriate language for building systems.  Python can handle both
simple scripting and complex systems building.  I'm not one to
eneumerate Python's many features, but for instance it has list
processing and hash tables / dictionaries built right into the language.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.