From: xconq7-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:xconq7-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Brandon J. Van
Every
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 1:10 AM
To: xconq
Subject: RE: New Interpreter

Mark A. Flacy

> http://ficl.sourceforge.net/

How does it compare to Python for community support, libraries,
available expertise, and proven real world use?  Particularly in game
development?  Humongous Entertainment used to be an all-Python shop,
they were doing adventure games and children's titles.  Ultima Online
uses Python for its servers.  Outside of the game industry, Industrial
Light and Magic uses Python heavily, as does the freeware 3D modeling /
animation / rendering program Blender.  Also there are Python bindings
for The Nebula Device, the Crystal Space engine, SDL, and the C++ Kyra
layer on top of SDL.

Finally, Python syntax is easy for novices to swallow.  Forth isn't; if
ficl is Forth-like that's A Bad Thing for novices.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

20% of the world is real.