Re: New Interpreter

> And if this doesn't become obvious to you on cursory inspection, please
> tell me about your negative experiences in that regard.  I'm on the
i hate the syntax :D i suffered first from PL/1 in 1976 and later from
Fortran..... i don't see why such ugly stuff should creep in into modern
languages....

> marketing-python  mailing list, and we're currently having a war about
> the website redesign.  I do mean a *war*.  I'd love to have some
> ammunition about what a potential Perl convert needs to see.
heh try it... you won't see me leave perl for python, there are much
nicer OO languages out there (eiffel, java, etc.)i first besides the
fact that perl is becoming an OO language itself.

true the polymorphial and weak typing of perl can be problems, and thus
programmers need a quite strong discipline, but the codebase is immense,
most of the time really easy to use, and bindings to other libraries are
often better to use than in their native env, look at gtk which is a
extreme pain to use in C/C++ but a real pleasure in perl....

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org