Re: One Hex Combat Resolution, and jeweled teeth

Hello Folks!

Would it be OK to amend the standard game or rather, create an experimental variant of it where
certain ground units defend a city until death from being captured (and where garrisson fighters
prevent bombers to drop bombs on their city)?  I would very strongly insist on having that feature
made permanent into the standard game.  (And Eric McDonald, Bellum Aetaernum could consider it
too).

I can have a quick stab at it this weekend!

No, I don't have time to contribute to Xconq, it's Brandon's fault, he tricked me into it :-).

My apologizes for a short email ;-).

And no, this should not be taken as me getting back on the ground!

 --- Eric E Moore <e.e.moore@sheffield.ac.uk> skrev:
> "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com> writes:
>
> > From: Jakob Ilves [mailto:illvilja@yahoo.com]

[ Lines deleted, to save your precious time as a change ;- ]

> > Do game developers and game players have easy ways of switching to
> > whatever they prefer?  Do different variants get played regularly?  If
> > not, why not?
>
> Yes, and Yes.

I personally love this "variants" feature in GDL.  I use it all the time and it has potential for
enhancements.  I try out most of the different kinds of features, at least in the standards game.

("Ice age" variant in standard.g is my fault.  It was a tiny contribution of perhaps 20 lines of
GDL code in order to create an intresting scenario and others refined it to limit down the number
of nations to those living in cold areas.  That's my way of doing development.  I fly around like
a vulture, let others do the inital efforts of 30000+ lines of code then I identify a place where
I can add 20 lines which add value.  It's fun being a open source scavanger... ;-)

/IllvilJa the Orbiter

=====
(Jakob Ilves) <illvilja@yahoo.com>
{http://www.geocities.com/illvilja}