Re: Reduced Visibility Table?

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 12:26:02AM +0100, Hans Ronne wrote:
> >since reading this.... is there a way to let those units coexist with
> >enemy units in the same cell?
> >
> >i would relly like to use the subs to act as spies and make some
> >commando operations, but since allready a fighter barrage can detect
> >them, it makes not much sense....
>
> True. If you fire into the dark you may hit enemy units that are sitting
> out there, even if you cannot see them. Which makes sense. If we were to
> make invisible units invulnerable as well, they would become way too
> powerful.
ah but i don't mean to make them invulnerable! i mean certain classes of
ships have higher probabilities to detect those units, and i am not
against the fact that the units are hit by some chance when someone
fires into their cell, but i don't want them to be attacked automaticly
and thu detcted when an enemy unit enters that cell, that makes it way
to easy to detect them....

often i see this: my fighter barrage can't enter a cell? send some more
figthers there and ooops! ther the sub was and appears.... not the thing
i thought about...

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org