Re: Reduced Visibility Table?

Hi Lincoln,

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> Could there have been more than one unit in that cell?

I checked for that by thoroughly scouring the hex and its vicinity
with land units and air units following the obliteration of the
enemy Armor. So I think the chances are low, though not
impossible. Anyway, it would still be a bug because any other unit
that could have possibly been in that cell would also have been
vulnerable to the Fighters and hence should have been attacked....

>I've run into
> that occasionally, but only when two or more enemy units are present in
> a cell and I am only aware of the presence of one of them.

Yes, I have too. It can make firing into a cell a total PITA.

>  It's because
> when the UI tries to figure out what you want to do, it sees multiple
> small unit images when you see only one,

Right. I believe that the xform_unit code in kernel/ui.c is
partially responsible for this, or at least that's what I got from
looking at it when I was fixing a bug last week.

> I would agree that it's a bug; the action the unit takes should be based
> on what you see when you click on a cell, not necessarily what is
> actually there.
>
> Did anything I just said make any sense?

Completely. Like I said, I have seen this behavior too. But I
believe it to be a separate issue.