Material extraction no longer works?

I was just working on a new module (actually a test module), and noticed
that the code for extracting materials from independent units no longer
seems to work.  In ancient-days.g, for example, if I select a villager,
then click on an adjacent unit that produces some material (e.g. a berry
bush), nothing happens.  Until recently, the selected unit would extract
whatever materials it could from the unit I clicked on, then would
unload them at the nearest supply point (in ancient-days.g, a village).

bolodd2.g also uses the extraction code, but only when the centipede (a
level 5 unit) collects scrap metal from wrecks.  Since that game tends
to run a while before reaching that level, I have not yet been able to
see if it still works there.

Could this have something to do with the recent changes to the supply
code?

Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>