Re: Scalable Players on Set Games

Hi Elijah, Hans, others,

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Hans Ronne wrote:

> >to implement a "Dynamic-Sides" option, that would base
> >the control of units on the number of players
> >attaching to a game.  I ask this because it's easier
> >to get one friend to play a game than four, and maybe
> >this would make certain multiplayer games more fun for
> >smaller groups.

Another possibility would be to come up with different variants
that set different side libraries and different side classes for
the units depending on the number of players you have.

So in the case of China and N. Korea, you could make sure that all
units belonging to China and N. Korea have the same side class,
and then define a corresponding side. And you could call the
variant that does this something like "2 Players", perhaps? So on
and so forth....

Since variant options are evaluated before sides during game
setup, I think this should work, but I have not tested it.