Bug in self-unit code?

Many game modules (including bellum.g and cave2.g) are set up so that
there is a self-unit, and if the self-unit dies or is captured, the side
is immediately eliminated.

However, I've noticed in both bellum.g and cave2.g that if the self-unit
is destroyed, it turns into some kind of a wreck (ruins and a corpse,
respectively).  And although such units cannot theoreticaly be
self-units, they are still treated as self-units.  This means that for
example in bellum.g, if I demolish my enemy's capital, that side is not
eliminated until I capture the ruins!

It seems to me that there needs to be something to check that, when a
self-unit is wrecked, the wreck can be a self-unit (can-be-self =
true).  If it can, it should become the self-unit (as it would now).
However, if it cannot be a self-unit, it should behave as it usually
does when a self-unit dies (either the side loses or another unit on
that side becomes the self-unit).

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln@sbcglobal.net>