Progress with ParaGUI

Eric McDonald mcdonald@phy.cmich.edu
Sun Nov 7 16:12:00 GMT 2004

Hello Xconq Developers,

   I am making good progress in preparing Xconq to use the ParaGUI
toolkit for the SDL interface. The Linux side of things is essentially
taken care of; I have already made RPM packages for ParaGUI. Most of the
Windows preparation went pretty smoothly. I have had to fight a few
compilation issues here and there, but I think that things are almost
taken care of. I will try to finish up that battle later today so that I
can go ahead and create a Windows installer for the ParaGUI libraries
and headers (for developers and others who are interested in building
the soon-to-be SDL/ParaGUI interface from sources). I have already
documented where existing Windows installers for the various ParaGUI
dependencies can be found (and the recommended way to use them), and I
will make that document available later today after I get some sleep.

   Regular players and game designers should not notice much change with
the SDL interface, at least not until next weekend.

   Regards,
     Eric