Re: New Action: change-type

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:

> >  I have plans to extend Xconq to allow automatic type changes
> >upon such triggers as a unit reaching a certain size or gaining
> >sufficient amounts of one or more materials.
>
> This is what I had in mind for the advances game. A time.g-like upgrade
> path tribe->village->town->city->metropolis that would be conditioned both
> on size and the availability of certain advances and/or facilities. What we

I want this for Bellum as well, particularly the upgrade keyed on
size. That way I wouldn't have to waste a material slot for "city
points" (I think the material is called "timer" in Specula). Also,
it would mean that we wouldn't have to teach the AI about manual
change-type right away, at least not for Advances or Bellum....

> would need for that is code in run_turn_start that upgrades (or downgrades)
> units that fulfil certain conditions.

OK. That is where I will look then. I was just going to search
around until I found wherever the advanced unit size increment was
called and put in the new auto type change call somewhere after
that (unless I saw reason to do otherwise).