Re: New Action: change-type

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:

> Not yet, but it is what I had in mind. We would need two new GDL tables for
> this: uu_change_type_into and au_advance_needed_to_change_type. Another
> table, uu_occ_needed_to_change_type, would add support for upgrades
> triggered by a key facility (such as aqueducts in civ2)

I guess a uu_change_type_into (a table of booleans presumably) is
needed for acp-independent play. For acp-dependent play,
uu_acp_to_change_type (or whatever it is called) should already
handle things fine.

>while the utype
> property u_size_needed_to_change_type would handle upgrades triggered by
> unit size.

I would argue for uu_size_needed_to_change_type because one may
have several different evolutionary paths available.

So I think our list thus far looks like:
uu_change_type_into (or uu_could_change_type_into)
uu_auto_change_type
au_advance_needed_to_change_type
uu_cxp_needed_to_change_type
uu_size_needed_to_change_type

We currently have:
uu_acp_to_change_type
um_material_to_change_type

Consumption upon and supply after type change might also be
interesting to consider.

At some later point (probably after 7.5), I would like to add four
tables of stochastic values:
uu_size_attrition_per_hit   (and per_fire_hit)
uu_material_attrition_per_hit  (and per_fire_hit)
and then one could set up auto-change-type "downgrades" if a unit
were sufficiently damaged (outside of the HP-centric wrecked-type
mechanism; actually we could supercede wrecked-type if we wanted
to).