RE: HW requirements

Thanks!  I know people who do ASCII-only for email, etc. because they
either have a slow connection, or want to avoid viruses.  I'd expected
that for playing Xconq, they'd have to have newer hardware (and/or a
fast connection) to play Xconq, simply because of RAM/CPU
considerations.

Actually, as long as the host machine is beefy enough, the people connected can play Cconq with much lesser clients. Although I've not tried it myself (now that I've said it, you know I have to!) I'm pretty sure it's possible to play Cconq on a remote server while connected only with a 56K modem. Connecting from an old SLC via ethernet should be blinding by comparison...