Re: HW requirements

> That said, it is hard for me to "feel the pain" when it comes to
> memory crunches, as the machine I use for development has 1 giga_,

Just look at how much memory is shown for the xconq process in "ps".
Granted, you have to bother to check....

> I could lie to the Linux kernel about how much memory I have by giving
> it a mem=64 argument from the boot loader or something....

I suppose this would the best way of getting an idea of how badly
paging affects xconq's performance.  I suppose one could try to have
some other process allocate a bunch of memory and keep accessing it
(which I suppose in some ways better resembles many real-world
situations), but the mem=64 thing is simpler.