Display glitch with bolodd2 and bolodd3?

There seems to be a display glitch when playing either
version of D&D Bolo with grid turned on (my usual way of playing).
I have toggled terrain transitions on and off, and likewise with
coverage and people views. Nothing seems to matter. Also, this
problem does not show up in other game modules.

Basically what happens is that whenever a unit occupies a cell or
covers it with a unit view, the grid lines surrounding the covered
hexes become thick lines, instead of thin ones.

I looked through the ML archives but didn't see anyone mentioning
this particular problem. Graphics stuff really isn't my cup of
tea, and I certainly don't feel like tracking it down until after
I finish the Bellum rewrite and help take care of some of the
remaining movement/pathfinding stuff.

If it's not a bug, then it is a really ugly feature (and by no
means an obvious one).