Re: New version of bolodd2.g that supports change-type

>The problem with the PG aircraft images is that they are all too
>narrow and are generally side-on views. What I really need is
>something like a top or elevated angle view of a P-38 Lightning
>for Escort Fighters, a Ju-87 Stuka (possibly in dive) for Dive
>Bombers, and a B-17, B-24, or B-29 for Bombers (the "2e" and "4e"
>images really aren't beefy enough, AFAIAC). I think that
>indicating Torpedo Bombers is a bit more problematic; the only
>solution I can think of is to show something like a Devastator or
>Avenger (or even a Japanese Kate) having just released its
>torpedo....

There are zillions of unit images available in different home made Civ2 and
PG scenarios and mod packs. You could probably find what you are looking
for at one of the fan sites.

>OTOH, it may be annoying to a player to have up and down surges in
>what his/her units can and cannot do. By not using 'acp-min' or
>'free-acp' or whatever, the player gets a consistent feel for how
>much action a unit type can do in a turn.

This was indeed a problem when I last tested Bellum. Sometimes, you have to
give up realism in favour of consistency.