Re: Newbie questions...

>Hellos,
>
>First off I wanted to say I find this work you folks doing as very
>interesting and appealing.
>
>I've run into a problem, can't seem to load certain games (Cobra, Chourburg
>(sp?) and afew others).
>Seems I run out of resources when it goes to load.  Even after a reboot etc
>it still does it.
>
>Running on a Emachine Emonster
>1Ghz
>128ram with a Nvidia 250mb video card as well.
>WinMe

Non-NT versions of Windows (98, Me) are limited to 2M of GDI resource
memory, no matter how much real memory you have. To handle this, I have
disabled some of the Xconq graphics on older Windows versions (no terrain
transitions, fewer images). This fixed the resource problem for all games
that I tested, but I don't recall checking Cobra or Cherbourg. Possibly,
they more strain on the graphics than other games. What exactly do you mean
by a few other games?

In any case, upgrading to an NT-based OS (NT, 2000 or XP) should solve your
problem, and also enable more of the Xconq graphics.