Re: 7.4.1 performance problems w/Mandrake 10

>On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 09:02:57AM +0200, Hans Ronne wrote:
>> Possibly. In any case, I would strongly recommend that you use the CVS
>> sources instead. 7.4.1 is really out of date, and there may be other
>> problems as well.
>
>    Understood - but as it says on the website, 7.4.1 is the latest
>released version. Lacking cycles to become an xconq developer, I think
>I'm better off running the latest release than the bleeding edge CVS.
>    Jon

I would say that the bleeding edge in this case is much more stable and
bug-free than the old release. In any case, Eric made an RPM for
Mandrake/RedHat on i586 last year:

http://eric_mcdonald.home.comcast.net/xconq

You could try it if you don't want to build from the sources.