Re: Xconq Game Designers Project

Hi Jim, others,

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Jim Kingdon wrote:

> I guess my sense is that old and buggy releases cause problems mainly
> when we point to them.  People use 7.4.1 because that is what
> http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/ encourages.

Maybe it is time to change that. I haven't bothered to figure out
yet whether I have access to the sources.redhat.com FTP server's
file space (nothing was mentioned about this in the introductory
email when I joined the project), but it might be nice to dump
some prerelease tarballs and other packages there, and point to
them instead. Or, if adding things to the FTP file space proves
inconvenient, we could still CVS add the packages to the 'htdocs'
tree for HTTP download, if it is not a problem to store 30+
mebibytes of data there.

One of the reasons I mention this, is that it seems my personal
service provider (Comcast, not Redhat :-) is mangling the
headers of .rpm files (on upload or download, __I'm not sure yet).
(The Windows installer executable seems fine.)

  Regards,