Re: Curses and SDL apps for Windows and MacOS

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 20:27, Elijah Meeks wrote:

> Would it be capable of allowing designers to customize
> the graphics of the interface (The borders,
> backgrounds, etc.) so that the different games will
> have different feels?

I have had that idea before as well. I don't think we are in a position
to do something like that right now though. There is also the issue that
if one uses a graphic as "window frame" (border) as part of a game
theme, then do we need different versions of the graphic for different
fixed window sizes (640x480, 1024x768, etc...), or do we make the
windows fully resizable but have the graphic be a tiling or pattern of
some sort?

One of the things that I may look into sooner would the possibility to
customize targeting, manipulation, and survey cursors in the Tcl/Tk
interface. I will probably consider this when I fix the issue with the
battle cursor appearing over an enemy unit while in survey mode.

> Really cool, so you'll have a stable, fully functional
> version by next Wednesday?

:-)

> On a serious note, is it possible to load up other .g
> files besides the basic game?

It parses the command line args the way the other interfaces do, IIRC.
So you should just be able to specify "-g specula" or whatever.