Re: Map of Antarctica

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Eric McDonald wrote:
> P.S. You overrode the synthesis methods from the Standard game in your
> module, and so I noticed nothing untoward in the way of rivers, etc....

I actually uploaded an update since posting the initial announcement, so
you were probably looking at the updated, better-behaved version - which
is also a little smaller, because I had been aiming for 50km hexes to
match with other maps, but got the calculations wrong on the first draft.
This map is based mostly on elevation data I downloaded from the
USGS, processed to try and infer terrain from the statistics of the
elevations.  Right now I'm working on documenting it.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                    Embrace and defend.