Re: Xconq Game Designers Project

Elijah Meeks wrote:

I'm thinking of opening up a project on the
Sourceforge space for Xconq game developers.  I agree
with the worries of moving the whole project to
Sourceforge (Or anywhere, for that matter, considering
it works where it is), but I'd like to get more
exposure for the game.

The best way to get exposure is to do a release. It's actually
better to do more releases, even if there are bugs in some of them,
because then you can announce a next release with those bugs fixed
and get even more free publicity. People are pretty forgiving about
bugs in stuff they didn't have to pay for; about the only bugs that
you must not have in a release are the instant crashes.

It's amazing how few
turn-based strategy games are beyond planning and
pre-alpha stage on sf.

There's a lesson there, just have to figure out what it is. :-)