Re: Keyboard scrolling in the tcltk interface

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Hans Ronne wrote:
> This means that you can now use the arrow keys to scroll the map. The Home,
> End, PgUp and PgDown keys do diagonal scrolling. If your numeric keypad is
> set up emulate the arrow keys, KP 1-9 will therefore scroll the map in all
> 8 directions (the latter works under Windows but not Linux or MacOS, at
> least not with default setups).

I'd be really pleased if there were a way to disable the automatic
scrolling when the cursor is near the edge of the map display.  I poke
around on the main map until I find the specific area I want to look at,
then as soon as I go to press one of the buttons on the side, the cursor
passes through the magic zone, the map scrolls, and I have to search
again.  It also has annoying effects in design mode.  The feature
should remain available, because it's no doubt handy for someone, but my
own preference is for mere *movement* of the mouse (without a click or a
drag) to never have significant consequences.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala@ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                    Embrace and defend.