Overwatch and Counterbattery?

Does Xconq have any support for fire-protection?
Specifically, I'm thinking of two forms, the one being
firing upon a unit that comes within range, which as I
understand it is called Overwatch in the various
turn-based games I've played.  The other would be
firing on a unit after that unit has fired, which is
basically Counterbattery fire.  The latter has
something to do with being made aware of a unit, but I
think for Xconq purposes, setting a table such as
uu-protection-fire-chance which would define the
percent chance that u1 will fire on u2 if u2 fires and
is in range.  This would produce the same effect, I
think, as to break down an admittedly more realistic,
but likely more complicated system of determining a
unit's threat level on-the-fly or simply having units
expend ACP/material firing on the first unit to get
close to them (An effect that could be achieved with
the proposed table by saying u1 u* 100).

Elijah