Re: does the tutorial lie?

Tom Schaub wrote:

Here is a quote from the tutorial:

The default is to only allow one unit in a cell, but this can be changed:

(table unit-size-in-terrain (rubble-pile t* 0))

[snip]

If you try this out, you'll find that the monster can now cross over rubble piles, but still has to bash buildings in order to get them out of the way.

I did try this out, and it does _not_ work. No joy. Godzilla just won't walk over rubble piles. Rubble piles also block monster units in the Monster game and the Tokyo 1962 scenario.

I using the most recent Xconq-MacOSX-040501 version.

What gives? Would I have to make the rubble-pile units capturable to let the monsters walk over them?

Hmmm, this used to work. My guess would be that rubble piles are exerting ZOC by default and they need to be turned off; ZOCs were added after the tutorial was written.