Re: A more sophisticated demonstration of change-type

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 12:39, Lincoln Peters wrote:

> One thing that I suspect could make it more playable is semi-automatic
> AI control; some kind of mechanism by which I could easily give a task
> to a group of units, for example "Capture the independent thorp at
> x,y".  Especially when you consider the number of units you could be
> dealing with before the end.

Yes, that would be nice. I was using the "Set Formation" command last
night, so that I could lead different gangs of knights around to the
various targets just by moving one piece. That helped quite a bit.

I noticed that the "Set Formation" command didn't have its key binding
('F') listed in the Tcl/Tk interface, and so I added that this morning.
Then, I decided to play around with using prefix arguments to set
relative distance to the leader, and that is presently what I am working
on. Both relative position and relative distance must be maintained as
much as possible, shrinking the relative position when it is beyond the
relative distance.

The way things have worked up until now is that the relative distance
was set to 1 no matter what.

> I also noticed that the knight-8 through knight-20 units don't show up
> in the list, even though I could conceivably acquire them by making a
> knight earn enough CXP's.  On the other hand, all of the city types
> appear on the list.

Oh right. I noticed that too. I will look into it. I suspect that
'can-change-type-to' is being checked to see if the 'auto-upgrade-to' is
valid, and it shouldn't be checking that.