Re: Consumption-per-fire?

I don't understand.  So the consumption-per-fire on
its own won't cause any change, but if I set the
hit-by table, it will consume ammo?  Does this mean
units that are false on the hit-by table are immune to
the damage?  Would I be able to include, for example,
'Tungsten Ammo' in a panzer game, along with "Regular
AP" and "HE" and set it so that different tanks and
infantry are invulnerable unless it has the right
ammo?  Because it doesn't seem that way.  This is
really quite confusing, what's the purpose of the
hit-by table??