Re: Consumption-per-fire?

> I also do this, mainly to force the AI to use fire
> instead of attacks when
> possible. However, there is one case where a firing
> unit has to use melee
> attack and that is if it is attacked, survives and
> then counterattacks.
> Which is certainly a possible scenario. Think of
> Tennyson's Light Brigade
> actually reaching the Russian guns with ensuing
> hand-to-hand combat in the
> trenches.

I can think of a number of examples, though maybe it's
a question of scale:

Special attacks like a dragon's flaming breath - You
only want the unit to use it once in a while.  Its
attack is great, but its special attack (Its 'fire')
is even better.  This is what I was working on when I
ran into this problem.

Soldiers/Police/Warriors with long-range weapons who
run out of ammunition - In this case they've got a
hand-to-hand attack using their bayonets/billy
clubs/swords once they run out of bullets or arrows.

Pre-Civil War musketry - Fire and then bayonet charge.

I understand that the AI may not be able to pull off
all these cases, but it deals fine with the first one
(The special attack) and that's all I need it to do.
However, I still see the right-click problem that I
reported.

Hans, in consumption2, when you right click on an
enemy unit with a unit selected that's run out of
ammo, it attacks normally?  For me, when I right-click
on survey mode or left-click on move mode, and it's a
unit that's run out of 'test', it shows the fire
animation and always reports a miss.  Can anyone else
test this and tell me if they see this effect?